PSA: Mother’s Day is this Sunday!
by Laurent O.
March 11, 2021
4 MIN READ
Have you just realised that Mother’s Day is coming up? 🤭
I’m sure we’ve all had that moment when Mother’s Day slips our mind and then at the last minute we’re frantically rushing around trying to figure out what we can do to make sure our mums feel special! Well don’t fret, here at GreenJinn we’ve got you covered!
You know we like to partner up with brands you love, so this Mother’s Day weekend we’ve got a Vegan S’more Cheesecake recipe whipped up by our new in house chef featuring OGGS Aquafaba for you and your mum!
OGGS Aquafaba is an ethical plant-based egg alternative for baking & cooking your favourite foods! It’s made from liquid chickpea extract.
And if you can’t see mum today, this can be made for all the caregivers in your life – the aunties, the sisters, the ‘mams’, the other mothers, the nans. Or… there’s s’more for you (we won’t judge 😉).
Do something extra nice for your mum this Sunday and treat her to this mouth watering Vegan S’more Cheesecake! 🤤 Head over to the GreenJinn app now ➡️ Get a box of @loveoggs Aquafaba from @Sainsburys, @Waitrose or @Asda! Plus, bag yourself some of the other ingredients such as lemons and vanilla extract too.Healthy and delicious? What’s not to love! 😍
Don’t forget to tag us in your posts and show us how you did!
We know Mother’s Day can be a really painful time for some people. If you know someone struggling, give them a call, ask them to go for a walk and let them know you’re there. Make them feel extra loved too, it can really help.
Check out the recipe below ⬇️
Recipe: Vegan S’more Cheesecake
Makes 1 cheesecake
200g dark chocolate (check it’s vegan!)
1x 300g pack of silken/soft tofu
1x packet of Ogg aquafaba
160g caster sugar
200ml oat milk
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 pack of digestive biscuits
50g plant butter/ margarine, melted
1 teaspoon agar agar powder
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1) Make your biscuit base by crushing 200g of digestive biscuits with the melted margarine. Grab a 25cm tart tin with removable base, and pack the base with your biscuit mixture, making sure it covers everything and is flat. Chill in the fridge while you make everything else.
2) Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. In a food processor blend the silken tofu, oat milk, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract, 4 tablespoons of icing sugar, 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder and the lemon juice. Add the melted chocolate and blend until smooth.
3) Layer your chocolate mixture onto your biscuit base and chill in the fridge.
4) For your marshmallow top, whip up your Ogg aquafaba with the cream of tartar for 6 minutes until it forms stiff peaks. Add some vanilla extract and whip for 3 more minutes.
5) In a small saucepan, combine the agar agar with 160ml water. Bring to the boil and stir constantly for 3 minutes, then add the sugar, stirring well until completely dissolved.
6) While the sugar mixture is still hot (be careful!) Pour it carefully into your marshmallow mixture, whipping all the time. It should turn glossy after a couple of minutes.
7) Top your chocolate cheesecake with the marshmallow fluff immediately, shapes, and allow to set in the fridge before serving.