Recipe: Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Lava Pots
by Laurent O.
May 05, 2021
2 MIN READ
Fancy something vegan that’s sweet, gooey and full of chocolate? 💝
Well, we’ve got the perfect recipe for you – Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Lava Pots whipped up by our in house chef featuring H!P Chocolate!
H!P Salted Caramel Chocolate is a modern-day classic; delicious creamy oat milk chocolate with sea salt and caramel. 🍫
If you make it, don’t forget to tag us in your posts and show us how you did! We’d love to see!
Check out the recipe below ⬇️Recipe: Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Lava Pots
Serve 2 (with some mixture leftover!), takes 45 minutes
1 bar HIP salted caramel chocolate
1 banana, mashed
120g caster sugar
120g non-dairy butter
120g self raising flour
120ml oat milk
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon vanilla paste
Oil and sugar, to line the moulds
1) Beat together the sugar and non-dairy butter until light and creamy. Add in the mashed banana and stir through.
2) Melt your chocolate. Put a saucepan of water on the hob and heat until simmering. Place a bowl on top (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water) then add your chocolate. When melted, add to your banana mix.
3) Add your oat milk to the mixture, along with the vanilla paste. Stir well, then add the self-raising flour and cocoa powder.
4) When fully combined, pour into your moulds (I use ones with an 8.5cm diameter), that have been rubbed with oil and dusted with sugar (this helps form a nice crust to your pots).
5) Bake for 15 minutes. The middle should still be soft but with the edges set firm.