Veggie Carbonara Recipe 🌱
by Holly T.
April 13, 2022
2 MIN READ
Did you know that today (April 6th) is National Carbonara Day? 🍝
To celebrate, we have a delicious Veggie Carbonara recipe with Feeding Speedy to share with you! Perfect if you’re vegetarian or looking to try a twist on the traditional carbonara 😋
Check it out below or head to our Instagram (@greenjinnapp) for a video on how to make it!
Serves 2, Takes 30 minutes
4 slices of vegan bacon, chopped into chunks
2 egg yolks
100g pecorino cheese
200g Explore Cuisine edamame spaghetti
Salt and black pepper
1) Put a frying pan on a medium heat. Add a splash of olive oil and the vegan bacon. Cook for 5 minutes or so until crispy. Keep on a low heat while you make everything else.
2) Meanwhile in a bowl mix together the egg yolks, the pecorino cheese, a pinch of salt and good grind of pepper.
3) In a deep pan of salted boiling water add the spaghetti. Cook for a couple of minutes until al dente. When you’re ready, drag the spaghetti to the bacon frying pan and toss together.
4) Turn off the heat, add the egg mixture, half a mug of pasta water and a good grind of black pepper. Mix well to form a silky sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
5) Plate up in bowls with a final dusting of pecorino and black pepper. Perfection (and veggie!)