World Environment Day 2023: Beat Plastic Pollution
by Pia M.
June 05, 2023
2 MIN READ
Today is World Environment Day!💚 This year’s theme for World Environment Day is #BeatPlasticPollution. World Environment Day 2023 is showing how countries, businesses and individuals are learning to use plastic more sustainably in the hopes that one day, plastic waste will be history 💪
- Over 400 million tonnes of plastic is produced every year
- 19-25 million tonnes of plastic ends up in lakes, rivers and seas, making it one of the biggest threats to our planet
- Micro-plastics can find their way into the food we eat, water we drink, and air we breathe, posing a threat to our health
As you may already know from our sustainability series, taking care of our planet and environment is very important to us here at GreenJinn 🌎💚 We support brands who are sustainable and use reusable and recyclable packaging, in an effort to help protect our environment and introduce all of you to these sustainable brands!
What can you do?
- Wean yourself off of disposable plastics
- Invest in a reusable water bottle
- Buy more items second-hand
- Cook more, less takeaway
- Recycle ♻️ (yes, this one seems obvious, but we’re not doing a great job of it!)
- Spread the word
- Support brands that use reusable and recyclable packaging
Want to learn more about what you can do to get involved? Check the official World Environment Day website!